Management and Board of Directors
Executive Chairman of the Board
Mr. Lamb has over 25 years experience in the mining operations and project development industry. William served as Chief Executive Officer of Lucara Diamond Corp. (“Lucara”) from May 2011 to February 2018 before retiring from Lucara. During that time, Mr. Lamb played an integral role in taking Lucara’s flagship Karowe mine from feasibility through to a steady state, world class, operating diamond mine. Under Lamb’s leadership, the Karowe mine evolved into one of the world’s highest margin diamond mines and the foremost producer of large, Type IIA diamonds in excess of 10.8 carats, including the historic 1,109 carat Lesedi La Rona (second largest gem diamond ever recovered) and the 813 carat Constellation (sold for a record USD$63.1 million). Lamb was a champion through both autogenous milling and the use of X-ray transmission sorters to preserve large, high value stones and to create a simpler, more secure and efficient flowsheet. Mr. Lamb has a NHD in Extraction Metallurgy for the Technicon of the Witwatersrand, and an MBA from Edinburgh Business School.
Mr. Smith has 30 years global experience spanning the spectrum from global project generation to mine geology. He has a track record of discovery in brownfields and greenfields arenas and is equally comfortable at the global scale or in detailed resource and mine geology. His passion is the application of quality geoscience to project generation, discovery, resource enhancement and orebody knowledge. Most recently Stuart was Technical Director – Strategy & New Projects for Teck Resources Ltd., based in Vancouver. In this role Stuart led the team with global responsibility for all new exploration project capture, either through 3rd party deals or technically focused project generation. Prior to that Stuart held the role of Specialist – Global Copper for Teck, based in Santiago. In this role Stuart had global responsibility for reviewing and prioritizing copper exploration projects as well as leading the technical understanding of copper mineral systems. Prior to joining Teck, from 2004 Stuart was Chief Geologist for the Oxiana-OZ Minerals-MMG group of companies and subsequently with the founders of Oxiana in the G-Resources, Tigers Realm and EMR companies. In these roles Stuart was responsible for activities across the full spectrum from global project identification and review to brownfields exploration and in-mine resource evaluation. In these roles Stuart was involved in significant brownfields exploration successes at the Sepon (Laos) and Martabe (Indonesia) mines as well as greenfields success in Cambodia. Prior to these companies, Stuart held various exploration roles from grass roots to in-mine resource extension with Rio Tinto, North Ltd and RGC Ltd in Australia and Papua New Guinea. Stuart holds a BSc (Hons 1) degree from the University of New England, Armidale and a PhD from the University of Tasmania.
Chief Executive Officer & Director
Over the last 25 years, Mr. Hilditch has developed a successful track record of mergers & acquisitions in the mining sector through numerous public company transactions. He been responsible for capital raising, negotiating, and directing all aspects of managing a public company. Valuations of transactions initiated/completed with Mr. Hilditch’s involvement exceed $500m and he has been involved in capital raising of over $200m. Mr. Hilditch’s transactions include:
- founder, CEO and Director of Terraco Gold Corp., a gold royalty and exploration company that sold/merged (August 2019) with Sailfish Royalty Corp. (TSXV:FISH) where he continues as a Director.
- founder and CEO of Landen Capital Corp. that merged with now resulting Sama Resources Inc., (TSXV:SME) a base metals company focussed in West Africa in a joint venture with Robert Friedland’s HPX. Mr. Hilditch served as a Director of Sama.
- founder of Summit Point Uranium that went public as URZ Energy in 2017, where he served as Chairman of the Board. URZ and was sold/merged in 2018 to Azarga Uranium (TSX:AZZ) where he currently is a member of the Board.
- Until 2010, Chief Executive Officer and a Director of Salares Lithium Inc., which was acquired by Australia based Talison Lithium Limited ($340m merger), the world’s largest lithium producer and a TSX listed company prior to it being taken over in a $840 million bid transaction.
Mr. Hilditch is the President and owner of Rock Management Consulting Ltd., a private mining management services and consulting company. Over the past 20 years. Mr. Hilditch graduated from Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute in Troy, New York with a Bachelor of Science degree in Management, majoring in Finance.
Cyndi Laval is a partner at Gowling WLG (Canada) LLP and specializes in mergers and acquisitions, mining law, corporate finance, securities and business law. Cyndi was the Leader of the Firms’ National Corporate Finance, M&A and Private Equity Practice Group from 2014 to 2018 and the Co-Leader of the Firms’ National Mining Practice Group from 2015 until 2017. She acted as Vice-Chair of both the 2017 and 2015 Canadian Public Target M&A Deal Points Studies of the American Bar Associations Business Law Section (M&A Committee).
Cyndi was named Vancouver “Lawyer of the Year” for Mining by the Best Lawyers in Canada in its 2017 edition. She has also been named one of Vancouver’s 30 leading lawyers by the National Post and is recognized as a leading lawyer by Legal 500 Canada, The Best Lawyers in Canada (M&A, Mining and Securities Law), Lexpert/ROB Special Edition on Canada’s Leading Corporate Lawyers, Lexpert’s Leading Canadian Lawyers-Global Mining, Who’s Who Legal: Mining, Who’s Who Legal Canada, Lexpert/ROB Special Edition on Canada’s Leading Infrastructure Lawyers, Corporate Lawyers, Canadian Legal Lexpert Directory (Corporate Finance and Securities, Corporate Mid-Market and Mining), Latinvex – Latin America’s Top 100 Female Lawyers, and the International Who’s Who of Mining Lawyers.
Cyndi was a member of the TSX Venture Exchange’s Local Advisory Committee from 2006 to 2013 and an instructor of the TSX Venture Exchange Rules and Tools Corporate Governance Workshop from 2004 to 2010. She has also given lectures at several other conferences and seminars.
Chief Financial Officer, Corporate Secretary & Director
Mr. McKenzie is a mining industry professional with more than 15 years of experience. He brings a varied knowledge of finance, tax, accounting, auditing and public markets. Mr. McKenzie has held the position of Chief Financial Officer or Director for numerous publicly listed companies. Mr. McKenzie has been directly involved in corporate transactions (which include mergers, acquisitions and financings) in excess of $0.5B. Mr. McKenzie’s transactions include:
- Chief Financial Officer of Terraco Gold Corp., a gold royalty and exploration company that sold/merged (August 2019) with Sailfish Royalty Corp. (TSXV:FISH).
- Chief Financial Officer and Director of Summit Point Uranium that went public as URZ Energy in 2017. URZ and was sold/merged in 2018 to Azarga Uranium (TSX:AZZ).
- Until 2017, Chief Financial Officer of Sama Resources Inc., (TSXV:SME) a base metals company focussed in West Africa in a joint venture with Robert Friedland’s HPX.
- Until 2010, Chief Financial Officer of Salares Lithium Inc., which was acquired by Australia based Talison Lithium Limited ($340M merger) (TSX:TLH), the world’s largest lithium producer and a TSX listed company prior to it being taken over in a $847 million bid transaction.
Mr. McKenzie holds a Bachelor of Technology in Accounting from the British Columbia Institute of Technology and is a Chartered Accountant.
Mr. Sulfrian is a geologist with over 35 years of experience in precious metals and energy minerals exploration and development. He has extensive experience at Barrick’s Goldstrike Mine, serving as Senior Geologist and Drilling Supervisor from January 1992-December 2002. As District Geologist, he supervised Barrick Gold Corp.’s Western US office in Reno from 1987-1991. Mr. Sulfrian held the positions of both Chief Geologist and Chief Chemist for Western States Minerals Corporation from 1981 – 1987. As Chief Geologist there he co-discovered the original Post Oxide and Deep Post portions of the Goldstrike Mine. Mr. Sulfrian has successfully led his consulting firm, ZyMin Corporation, since 2003.